Spring Eats: Lemon-Parmesan Chicken, Smashed Baby Potatoes, Key Lime Pie Strawberries
Jazz up chicken with this flavorful breadcrumb and Parmesan coating. Pair with roasted asparagus and smashed new potatoes.
By Scott Jones | Photos By Jason Wallis
WEB EXCLUSIVE: Key Lime Pie Strawberries
1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries
1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/ 2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon lime zest, plus extra for garnish (optional)
1. Angle a small, sharp knife and cut, in a circular motion, around the green leafy top of the strawberry and just into the pale flesh directly underneath, to leave a depression. Remove the hull and discard.
2. Cut off tips so strawberries stand upright (on their tips).
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, lime juice and zest. Beat until well blended.
4. Transfer lime filling to a piping bag fitted with a star decorating tip or to a plastic zip-top bag with a corner cut off. Pipe filling on top of strawberries.
5. Garnish with additional grated lime zest, if desired. Eat right away or store, covered, in refrigerator, to enjoy later.
PREP: 20 min. YIELD: 6 to 8 servings
Lemon-Parmesan Chicken with Asparagus
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt
3. Combine oil, zest, juice, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
4. Spoon 1 Tablespoon oil/zest mixture into a bowl; add asparagus and toss.
5. Combine panko and cheese in a separate
6. Coat chicken with remaining oil/zest mixture; dredge in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere. 7. Place chicken on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
8. Top chicken with lemon slices. Arrange asparagus around chicken.
9. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until chicken is done and asparagus is crisp-tender.
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Smashed Baby Potatoes with Dill
1 (24-ounce) bag baby red potatoes, unpeeled
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Bring potatoes to a boil in enough water
to cover; cook 12 minutes or until tender. Drain
and cool slightly.
2. Whisk together oil, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potatoes and dill; toss.
3. Gently smash potatoes with a potato masher.
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 12 min. Yield: 6 to 8 servings